Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thing 6 or, more importantly, Chocolate!

Who wants to read about Thing 6 when they can read about chocolate instead? (unless you are among the less fortunate people who can't have chocolate for medical or other reasons) As I sat here in the early-mid afternoon trying to think of a relevant website that could potentially benefit myself and other staff members, I couldn't help but think of chocolate. Ok, so that's a pretty routine thought on my mind, but that doesn't mean that others couldn't/wouldn't also benefit from my chocoholic mind. What if you are getting a little tired right about now and what a difference a little jolt of chocolate could make... What if you just had a less than pleasant encounter with a patron - just thinking about chocolate could make you feel better... What if you (like me) are still contemplating what dessert to make for Thanksgiving... Try going to the Hershey's Kitchens website http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/home.asp and see what grabs you. It is a tried and true site for me. I even used some of these recipes in the middle school cooking class that I taught. So, going back to Thing 6, the official subject of this post, I found del.icio.us to be an interesting site that can be very useful for collecting threads of similar ideas. Chocolate is probably the best tag for Library and any other users. Especially since this was easy to navigate, I could see myself using it especially when I am looking for a potentially broad range of ideas. In the meantime, I'll keep thinking about chocolate while I ponder Thing 7.

1 comment:

The Skokie Ten said...

"Chocolate is probably the best tag for Library and any other users."

I can see you really know your audience. :)

Here's hoping you find more tasty links!