Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thing 7

While most of my "things" have gone pretty smoothly, podcasting was a little frustrating. While some of this may have been due to my trying to find the perfect podcast that would truly enlighten and/or entertain me, I also find fault with many of the sites I visited that were not updated. After finally finding podcasts of interest, I discovered that many of them were no longer accessible. That said, I continued my search even more determined (and annoyed) until I found A Conversation with Author Sue Monk Kidd (2/7/2006) through the Library Success Wiki. I have since found other podcasts that I would enjoy including a regular news feature that I usually only hear about half of because it airs while I am in the shower. I heard the announcer mention on the radio this morning that WBBM offers a number of podcasts. Now, I can go back and listen to the reports I missed, so, overall this has been a good experience. I think this can be a helpful tool on the desk when a patron asks for a book that s/he heard mentioned on the radio and remembers only vague (at best!) information on the author and/or title. Since the patron usually remembers the radio station, we might be able to find a podcast of the original radio report. Getting closer to finishing all of my "things"...

1 comment:

rich said...

that's a great idea for using podcasts as a reference tool!