Friday, November 30, 2007

Thing 9 aka My First Google Document

So here I am, creating my first document in Google Docs. It has an interesting look to it - sort of a cross between MS Word and Outlook. Overall, it seems to be fairly user friendly with many shortcut keys for formatting. Since I didn't see a spell check button, I intentionally misspelled words to see if they would be recognized as such, but they were not. Eventually I did spot the spell check so at least now I know that I have that to fall back on when I want to see if my fingers spell words diffrently than my brain. I like the fact that I can post this to my blog so I am able to multitask. I also like that there is an auto save feature, but I don't like that it automatically names the document. Since this is my first time in Google Docs, I don't know yet if I have the option to change the document name. But I will find out soon enough - now that I have said all that there is to say on trying Google Docs.

No comments: